Want an inexpensive, home remedy for dental disease? Try oil pulling. Used for thousands of years in India as a folk remedy, oil pulling involves swishing oil around the mouth. Doing so reduces the amount of harmful bacteria in the mouth to clean and detoxify teeth and gums.
WHY OIL PULLING?
The bacteria in the mouth create a thin layer on the teeth that we know as “plaque.” When plaque builds up it can get out of hand and cause all sorts of problems, including bad breath, yellow teeth, gum inflammation, gingivitis and cavities.
OIL PULLING BENEFITS
- Reduce Harmful Bacteria in the Mouth
- Reduce Plaque & Gingivitis
- Reduce Bad Breath
- Whitens Teeth Naturally
HOW TO DO OIL PULLING:
- Put 1-2 teaspoons of oil into the mouth. Coconut oil is preferred as it is naturally antibacterial and has a milder taste that other oils. Add a couple drop of essential oils of choice.
- Swish for 20 minutes. It takes around 20 minutes for the oil to break through plaque and bacteria.
- Spit out the oil. Spit into toilet or trash as it can clog the sink. Never swallow it as if is full of bacteria, toxins and pus
- Rinse well with warm water. Rinsing will help to remove any remaining oil out of my mouth.
- Brush well.
Essential oils that are great to add to you oils pulling mixture: Clove, wintergreen, frankincense, myrrh, birch, peppermint, and lemon.