How would you like to do something that gives you radiant skin, a pleasurable buzz that takes only a few minutes, costs nothing, and helps your body detox, inside and out? That something is dry skin brushing, an easy and sensual technique to add to your daily regime for the maximum benefits!
What is Dry Skin Brushing?
The largest organ in your body, your skin is a major organ of elimination with as much as one third of your body’s toxins excreted through the skin. Dry brushing involves brushing your skin in a specific motion, exfoliating your skin and unclogging your pores to support skin renewal, aid in removing toxins, and give you a sense of well-being.
Dry skin brushing benefits:
- Exfoliates dead skin so that your skin feels silky-smooth all year round.
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage by aiding the flow of fluids in your body. This in turn helps the immune, nervous and digestive systems. The stiffer the bristles on the brush, the great the lymphatic stimulation.
- Reduces cellulite, essentially toxic materials that have accumulated in your body’s fat cells and get trapped.
- Unclogs pores and decongests skin to helps your skin absorb more nutrients, promoting healthy, breathing skin.
- Increases and supports blood circulation.
- Aids in better digestion.
What brush to use. You will need to purchase a natural bristled brush, preferably with a long handle to reach all areas of your body. Clean your brush with soap and water once a week and, to avoid mildew accumulation leave it to dry in a clean, sunny spot.
When to Brush. Dry brushing should become a frequent practice, typically in the before you shower.
Using Essential oils. After your brush, your skin wants nourishment. What better way to do just that then with pure essential oils?
How to do it:
- Stand in the shower to catch the falling skin. Brush starting at your feet and move in long, firm sweeping motions toward your heart.
- Repeat several times in each area and overlap as you go.
- Brush front and back. Spend more time on lymph node-rich areas — armpits and upper inner thighs.
- Mix a carrier oil of choice with your favorite skin loving essential oils (lavender, frankincense, sandalwood, ect) and rub it all over your body before you get into the shower.
- Drink a full glass ofwater after this detox process.
TAKE HEED: Always brush in the direction of your heart! Avoid open sores or cuts. You skin might be a little flush and red, that is totally normal.
Get your Skin Brushing ON!